[Ansteorra] Sable Shield Award Question...

Rose M. Welch love at roseandchad.net
Wed Oct 7 17:11:53 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to find information about the Sable Shield award. The first few times that I saw it given, it was given to veterans of the war in Iraq. Since then, I have seen it presented to people who are currently serving in the US Armed Forces. At Three Queens, I saw it given to people who had served in the Armed Forces. I believe that they specified veterans, but not veterans of any particular award or action. (I could be wrong about 3Q. I was in the back and couldn't hear very well.)

I have been trying to find out information about it on the Ansteorra's website, but both Google and I agree that the information is not there. I couldn't even find it in the OP, despite the dozens of people I have seen awarded with it. :( Elsewhere, I have heard that it was an award that was only going to be given out during a specific reign, and closed after that.

So does anyone know the specifics of this award? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Rose the Obnoxious

Wonder is the cause of delight because it carries the hope of discovery.     -Thomas Aquinas