[Ansteorra] Sable Shield Award Question...

charlescalhoun at sbcglobal.net charlescalhoun at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 8 14:24:20 PDT 2009

Just another answer to the sable shield,

This recognition was created several years ago to acknowledge the members of the SCA that are also ACTIVE members of the armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, etc).

It is only given by royal decree. It is given at the discretion of the King and Queen. It does not carry any distinction as far as the SCA OP goes.

It is a way to recognize those who serve in both the SCA and the military; two were awarded at the last Samhain (25 Oct, 08).  They were given to SFC Gary Sissom Jr and Tech Sgt Philip E Parker Jr not the SCA personna.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP,SHE'S UP"!