[Ansteorra] Correction to rules for Ursae Lyons Hnefatafl tournament.

deboramarzec at aol.com deboramarzec at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 07:24:34 PDT 2009

I was re-reading the rules posted on the Bjornsborg web site www.bjornsborg.org and realized that I missed out a word when describing the rule variant that will be used this upcoming weekend. It now reads

"Taking is also possible by squashing an opposing warrior between one warrior or king and a refuge square."

It should read

"Taking is also possible by squashing an opposing warrior between one warrior or king and a CORNER refuge square."

I understand that this changes the format of the game somewhat and apologize for the inconvenience.

Therefore if you and your opponent BOTH agree to play the original posted rules it will be allowed.

I will have copies of the corrected rules available at the event.

HL Debora of Durham.