[Ansteorra] Weather at Ursae Lyons III

shea130 at aol.com shea130 at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 05:40:39 PDT 2009

Greetings Gentles All:

?

I know many of you have been wavering on attending the Ursae Lyons III event at the Barony of Bjornsborg due to possible weather issues.? I would like to lay that fear to rest.? We have a Naval trained meteorologist with over forty years of forecasting experience providing us with a point forecast for the event.? The weather is going to be splendid.? At the last update, he reported:?

<<
A weak cold front should move through San Antonio Thursday afternoon or evening.? It appears that there is a slight chance of shower with that front.? Most of the moisture should be east of the San Antonio area.? I'd look for partly to mostly cloudy skies, with an isolated shower somewhere in the area.? Temperatures will be warm (upper 80's) with the low Thursday night of 53 degrees (behind the front) and winds will be southerly and gusty as the front passes then settle in from the north.

?

Behind that front, classic fall weather should occur as the high pressure (clear skies) behind the front moves toward the south.? Northerly winds 5 to 15 mph and highs in the upper 70's should be the order of the day for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Winds will be southerly about?10 to 15 shifting to the north at 15 to 20 and gusty behind the front, calming down toward Friday.>>

Our meteorologist will continue to provide me with a daily update about the weather.? We, in the Barony of Bjornsborg, look forward to welcoming you to our fair barony for a splendid day of fighting and the investiture of our new Baron and Baroness.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

I remain, humbly, in your service,

Lady Elspeth MacAuslane of Balloch, Event Steward

Ursae Lyons III

The Barony of Bjornsborg