[Ansteorra] Arts and Sciences at Bryn Gwlad Baronial

robert segrest aumbob at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 20:28:05 PDT 2009

Note:  If you are interested in this topic, please read the entire post.

There have been some rumors that the Arts and Sciences Display at Bryn Gwlad 30th Year was being canceled.  These rumors are entirely true (don't stop reading).  Due to my impression that this aspect of the event was creating neutral to negative responses I removed the display from the event (really,don't stop reading).  I had the website altered to remove the reference to the display.  Within 24 hours several of you contacted me to let me know that the display was not on the website and to inquire if it was still happening.  Some of you made it clear that you intended to display your creations and finds.  When beaten about the head and shoulders sufficiently, even I can see the obvious.  I have therefore uncanceled the A&S display (you can stop reading now if you really want to, but you might not want to).

There are two opportunities to show your A&S talents and Bryn Gwlad 30th Year Flashback.  First, on Friday night, at about 0-dark:30, there will be a fashion show in the Curtain theatre.  Here you will be able to wear, carry, brandish or otherwise show off your period appropriate (Ansteorra, 1979) creations as well as artifacts that you may have found buried in the closet or garage.  Saturday, during the day, there will be static display tables next to the museum where you may present your items to the populace.  Thier Excellencies and other members of the populace have promised that there will be largesse for those items that most impress them, and there are many ways of impressing them.  We encourage all who appreciate the Arts and Sciences to demonstrate their respect for our artisans with thier own largesse should they see presentations that strike them (Note: entries that actually physically strike viewers will be removed from display.  One can't be
 too careful with you people).

I apologize for any concern that my erroneous judgement may have caused, and I sincerely hope that our artisans will forgive any slight they may have felt because of it.

Lord Fatthiopap Laszlo
Autocrat
BG30