[Ansteorra] Sable Shield Award Question...

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Wed Oct 7 20:20:19 PDT 2009

juliana asked:

> "For service and defense of our populace and kingdom,
> in foreign lands and at great risk to their own life and limb".
> "was not designated for a specific war/conflict"
>
> So this award could be given for service in places such
> as Bosnia or could be retroactive for WWII, Korean War,
> Vietnam War, or the first Gulf War?

This is not an SCA award at all.  It is an unofficial honor the Crown set up to give Ansteorrans when they go overseas to protect us.

Being an unofficial thing set up by edict, not kingdom law, any Crown can do anything they want with it.  So, yes, they could change it so it's not something given out when Ansteorrans leave their Ansteorran game to go overseas, or come back home to their Ansteorran game, as originally intended.

Of course, the Crown could change what official awards are given for, too.  They would just have to take the extra step of re-writing the award constitution.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin