[Ansteorra] WHITE SCARF QUESTION

donpieter at aol.com donpieter at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 21:26:42 PDT 2009

Who are we to stop Squire John from calling himself Squire John? It is not a title that is correct. But since it is not a title and therefor not "protected" why not? Perhaps "Cadet Rhiannon" is not correct for her. But if Cadet Bob wishes to call himself that who are you to tell him he can't? As I was always told the term cadet came from Cyrano which had a cadet company. So I would say that it is in the spirit of where the term came from in the first place.

Anyway as I said before. YMMV

Pieter

@Piet:  In other contexts, such as the modern military, Cadet may be used as a
itle, but in the SCA context, it is not.  It is a relationship-descriptor.
Cadet Rhiannon" is not correct usage in an SCA context.  Just because people
se that form does not make it correct.
Serena Lascelles, Blanc Gryffon Herald