[Ansteorra] Our Seventies Things

donnelshaw at aol.com donnelshaw at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 06:31:22 PDT 2009

Good Job. I like it.

I can't go either.
Donnel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com>
To: Ansteorra <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thu, Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm
Subject: [Ansteorra] Our Seventies Things

Well, it's definite -- I won't be able to make BG XXX.  So here is the song I
an't enter in the bardic competition.  (It is easily documentable to the
eriod, being a filk to the tune of "Our Seneschal's Fault".)
Thin unlined dresses and fur-lined bikinis,
easts where the main course is just beans and wienies,
oup made from whatever anyone brings,
hese were a few of our seventies things.
Laurels in dresses of fine polyester,
ci-fi personas from Heinlein and Bester,
Old Time Religion" that everyone sings,
hese were a few of our seventies things.
Surrounding our listfields with tarps made of plastic,
hink "creative" means mod and fantastic,
oils whose quillons are tied on with strings,
hese were a few of our seventies things.
When the feast's bad, when there's bad kings,
hen the court's too long,
 simply remember our seventies things,
nd wonder when all went wrong.

ords chasing Tessa like so many ducklings,
ig heavy fighters who sneered at swashbuckling,
en Fair and all of the money it brings,
hese were a few of our seventies things.
Clench-a-wench contests and skylarking Bevin
ne single court making Laurels of seven,
oing a year without seeing the king,
hese were a few of our seventies things.
Half of us never had seen a Corpora,
eralds submitting the name "Ansteorra",
aming conventions from "Lord of the Rings".
hese were a few of our seventies things.
When the feast's bad, when there's bad kings,
hen the court's too long,
 simply remember our seventies things,
nd wonder when all went wrong.
Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin