[Ansteorra] cloved fruit

love at roseandchad.net love at roseandchad.net
Sun Oct 25 14:55:34 PDT 2009

Are we discussing the same practice here? What's being described doesn't seem to match my experiences. Let me outline what I have seen my entire life.

Somebody offers me a cloven fruit. If I accept it, I can put it where ever I like, and the giver is supposed to retrieve it.

I can even choose to remove the clove and place it on the back of my hand, and receive a rather chaste kiss on my hand.

I can hide it in between my lips, on my tongue, or even swallow it. Indeed, there are a myriad of ways to accept a cloven fruit to indicate a variety of meanings, from a token of friendship and courtly love to a token of, well... Nightly love, shall we say?

Is this game played differently outside of the Northern Region?

Rose the Obnoxious

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile