[Ansteorra] cloved fruit

Catrin ferch Maelgwn ladycatrin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:53:39 PDT 2009

That's how I learned it, too, from when I played in Caid.  Unfortunately, my
first encounter with the things was at my first war, at the tender age of
17, when a young fellow of about *12* asked if he could "show me something"
and then proceeded to produce a cloven orange.  Luckily I already knew how
to get away with allowing a mere chaste kiss on the hand... sneaky little
bugger.

For the most part I've seen the cloven fruits limited to "cloven fruit
parties" which tend to take place around large bonfires at war, along with
drinking and dancing.  While I can see the appeal of it as a "flirting game"
when all parties are willing and respectful, it always tended to feel more
like a meat market in that environment.  Or maybe that's just sour grapes
from my shy and single days. :)

-Catrin