[Ansteorra] cloved fruit

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 23:41:35 PDT 2009

Even if the giver understands the "recipient chooses level of affection"
rule, the problem is less about accepting the fruit and more about what to
do with the stupid thing after you get it. If you're in a committed
relationship and you don't want to engage in anything more than a hug with
anyone other than your mate it makes picking your "target" awkward at best.
Giving it to your mate is right out because it puts them in the same
uncomfortable position. And most of my friends are in the same situation, so
I don't want to foist the stupid thing on them (or in their words when I was
last stuck with one, "give me that thing and I'll kill you"). This leaves
approaching a stranger who might choose a higher level of intimacy than I am
comfortable with, or disposing of it by dumping it on a table, pitching it
into the woods, or "losing" it in the vicinity of a garbage can.

Sorry, but your idea of "fun" is my awkward, uncomfortable and irritating.

~Eve