[Ansteorra] The Lizard's Lair Tavern wishes to give thanks

Robert & Tara Brinsfield daig73 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 11:51:44 PDT 2009

Greetings to one and all!

This weekend the Barony of the Eldern Hills held their annual Samhain celebration. Their Excellencies Brom and Audrella with most gracious hearts allowed our humble tavern staff to host our tavern once more, for a good cause. Greiner School for the Handicapped, in Lawton, Oklahoma will be benefitting greatly by the generosity of our wonderful Kingdom through the profits of the tavern and the generosity of those souls who also brought items for donation to the thrift store for the school to resell.

Not only were we of the tavern humbled by our patrons' generosity, but also by wonderful people who jumped in to assist us in getting breakfast and lunch prepped and served. We cannot even begin to show you all how very much your assistance was appreciated. But we can extend our thanks publicly so that all may know the generous hearts you all have.

Duchess Vanessa, you know how very much we love you, and respect you. Both times we have hosted our tavern, you popped up and jumped in with both hands. Your noble heart is golden and larger than life! We can only offer you our thanks since you already have our hearts. If there is ever an opportunity for us to assist you, know that you have us in with both hands as well.

Milady Aingeal, mornings are early in taverns, and there you were, scrambling eggs and frying up sausage. Honestly, any person willing to cook for many many people that early in the morning truly is an Angel. You were an exceptional person to come down and help the way you did. Know that you have our undying gratitude. We give you our heartfelt thanks as well.

Milady Annabel, You have always had a welcoming heart for us. Your assistance this weekend was awesome! Know that you have our thanks and gratitude as well. You stepped in and gave us two more hands to get breakfast served up for our patrons. You were yet another integral volunteer that helped our tavern to help the mundane community that surrounds The Barony of the Eldern Hills.

Volunteering is the leading way to help others. At lunch time a most gracious gentleman came through the tavern and offered his hands as well. When he saw we were having trouble with electical situations, he not only volunteered his hands, but also another camp stove and his short order cook experience. Sir, we were never able to get your name, but we hope you are reading this today to know that you also have most definitely earned our thanks and gratitude. Your assistance and "supply procuring" ability was the leading reason we finally got lunch rolling into the bowls and bellies of hungry patrons.

To the members of the Barony of the Eldern Hills that donated foodstuffs for preparation in the tavern; With your assistance through donations, we brought our tavern to a point of clear straight profit and all of that money can go to Greiner. Mistress Adria, we popped in and out of your feast kitchen repeatedly. You helped us to get everything prepared and ready through your patience and understanding, all while you were cooking feast for the event.  His Highness Owen could not have said it better than he did at court, Saturday evening. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you all so very much!

To our friends from the local University and our kids we like to call our twenty-something crew, YOU GUYS ROCK! Thank all so much!!! You came, you worked, you donated. You guys and gals were fantastic!

With a happy heart for Greiner, and many blessings extended to you all, We remain in service to our Barony of the Eldern Hills, our Kingdom of Ansteorra, and the Dream.

The Lizard's Lair:

Lord Roibeard mac Aonghuis-The Lizard
Lady Marguerite le Chanvierre-The Lizard's Lady
Lady Fionn of the Eldern Hills-The Lizard's Sister
Lady Aoife of the Eldern Hills-The Lizard's Sister.