[Ansteorra] cloved fruit

Karen French klfrench1023 at att.net
Mon Oct 26 13:14:56 PDT 2009

When given a cloved fruit by someone that either I didn't know well enough or chose not to kiss, I would remove said clove with my hand, and offer my hand to be kissed.  That always worked out rather well.  Of course, there was the time that a man (who was obviously no gentleman) responded, saying, "Is that all I get?"  To which I replied, "My lord, I do not know you well enough to offer you more," and retreated behind my fan.  Everyone nearby laughed or applauded.  I suppose that worked out rather well, also.

Caterina