[Ansteorra] National Savory Toasted Cheese Day

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 3 15:47:14 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 5:16 PM, Tina Michael wrote:

> Ummmmmm, cheese! I am sooooo hungry now....

For those wanting a number of suggestions on Savory Tosted Cheese
(like how to keep it from seperating), and numerous different
redactions and some other medieval recipes for cheese goodness, see
this file in the FOOD section in the Florilegium:

cheese-goo-msg    (44K) 10/31/06    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheese-goo-msg.html

> Tina
> having Mac and cheese for dinner, sighs

There period varieties of Mac and cheese.

For more on cheese, here are a few more files in the same FOOD section:

baked-cheese-msg  (20K)  3/ 8/07    Period baked cheese dishes.
blue-cheese-msg   (20K)  9/23/07    Period blue cheeses.
cheese-lnks       (15K) 10/ 1/04    Links to medieval and modern cheese
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
cheese-msg       (186K)  9/23/07    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
fresh-cheeses-msg (52K) 12/29/08    Fresh cheeses such as cream cheese
and
                                        cottage cheese. Non-aged
cheeses.
whey-cheeses-msg  (32K)  6/ 1/06    Cheeses such as ricotta made from
the liquid
                                        left after making other cheeses.
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97  "Cheese Making for the Compleat
Novice" by
                                      Lady Aoife Finn.
cheesecake-msg    (52K)  1/12/08  Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
cheesemaking-msg (160K)  2/ 9/08  Comments and info. on cheesemaking.
Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com