[Ansteorra] Directions for Ravensfort

Dave Wise wiselaw at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 18:29:33 PDT 2009

Directions are as follows (from Houston):
Take I-45 to the New Waverly Exit (Exit #102 or 103)
Make a right and go about a ¼ mile to Hwy 75 and turn north.  Go up a few
miles (10ish minutes) to FM2296, turn right (it is right only).
Go a few more miles (6ish?) to FM2929 south and make a right.  This will put
you over a set a railroad tracks as you go onto a gravel road.  Go down a
bit (mile or so?) and look for the entrance on the left onto the property,
it should have a sign on it and will be after you go over a slight bridge
passing over a culvert.  The road into the site will wind a bit through some
trees before opening up.  Might be a sign indicating the V-Bar ranch.

Here is a bit of additional information:
If you Google 151 Four Notch Road, Huntsville, Texas (no clue whose house it
is-I just messed with numbers on Goggle until I found the right sequence)
from your location it will get you almost to the site.  Once you cross over
a very small bridge immediately after the bridge on the left is the gate &
cattle guard into the site.

Also FM 2929 (Four Notch Rd) is easy to miss.  On FM 2296 once you see a
sign (like a highway sign) saying Superior Water (water source for houses on
2296) SLOW DOWN!   Then you'll see a regular size bridge ahead of you.  FM
2929 is right before that bridge.  Coming off 2296 from Hwy 75 you'll turn
right onto 2929.

Hope that helps,
Alexis

I can't remember the turns to the Ravensfort site, there is no map on the
website and my Blackstar did not forward when I moved.
Will someone please post directions?
thanks,
gwyneth