[Ansteorra] Great weapons ransom melees at Lysts of Castleton Next weeknd FRIDAY 3 to 5 pm.

Eric W. Brown Brown.EricW at jobcorps.org
Fri Apr 2 13:06:46 PDT 2010

In an effort to lure people to show up for the newly expanded 3 full day format of Lysts of Castleton,
We have scheduled one of our Most popular Segments on Friday from 3pm to 5pm.

If you fought in the Great Weapon Melees at either Lysts or 30th year celebration last year, then
You know just how much fun this format is, but if you have not let me give you a taste of it's swirling resurrection melee and ransom goodness.

Great Weapon Resurrection Melees phases of 15-20 min each, with rests in between.
6 foot ish max weapon length.
For folks without gauntlets, Single weapon and buckler/basket is allowed.
3 counted head and body blows only to stun.
Capture stunned enemies and take them to your herald, they must pay a small ransom to Rez
        (can you say frosty beverage ransoms!).
        (Trust me you really want your own herald, sharing a heralds means less fighting time)
Saving your stunned allies.
All the fighting you can stand and more!

Prizes for Heraldic Excellence, Supreme insults, gloating or other acts of Great voice heraldry.
Prizes for Chivalric Excellence.
Secret Judges!

The Audience is encouraged to bring small prizes to give away for things that impress them, Best Death, largest cod piece, etc.

And best of all, All the fighting you can stand and more.
Show up late, No problem!
Need to take a break no problem!

It's a rez melee in phases!

More details here!