[Ansteorra] New Crowns and Coronets

Lori C. countesskat at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 08:24:34 PDT 2010

> If you go with enamel - I'd suggest using enameled
> medalions set as if stone cabachons.
> Cheers, Hillary

As someone who has used glass enamels on coronets I'd have to second that. The weight is definitely an issue, but more concerning to me is the durability of glass on Kingdom Crowns. Faux (resin) enamels are much lighter, but come with their own drawbacks. There are reasons that real crowns were only worn for coronations and high-profile ceremonies... Our Kingdom Crowns need to be a LOT more durable and comfortable than most surviving period examples of Crowns and coronets.

About blackened crowns... Drachenstein Treasures has a technique that seems durable and is quite beautiful (www.dragonsjewels.com). If they bid, perhaps their design will contain that particular element. :)

~ Kat