[Ansteorra] honor and animals

Casey Weed seoseaweed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:54:22 PDT 2010

Ismet,

I was answering those who had suggested that certain specific animals
actually possessed this trait, not Her Grace.  Dogs were mentioned, as were
horses of both sexes.

I agree that medieval minds projected symbolism on animals based on
physicality.  This is not, however, one of those instances.  Honor is
usually represented by a woman in art.  If I were doing the banner project
Her Grace is speaking of I would use a woman as the symbol rather than an
animal.

Ritter Dieterich