[Ansteorra] honor and animals

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Apr 16 13:34:38 PDT 2010

Thank you both Daniel and Emma.  You have answered some of my questions
about heraldry of which I am sadly very ignorant.  Before 1394 and the
accepted authority of the "king of arms" how were arms assigned/chosen?
What are the earliest records?

Also since the bestiaries were consulted by the early heralds I assume
that they did try to assign 'meanings' to charges in the beginning?  Or
am I misunderstanding again?

thanks,

Ismet