[Ansteorra] Bears

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 21:31:55 PDT 2010

I don't know the truth of this, but I was told years ago, that a relative had traced my mothers line back to a French Baron from the Alsace/Lorraine region, whose device included a bear and a rose, along with the motto "Bold as a Bear". I have no knowledge as to colors or positioning of the bear and rose.

I did like the idea enough to make it into my own registered device. I wish I knew who the relative was & how to contact them for more info.

Ly Gabriele

Argent. Two bears, rampant combatant, gules. A chief invected & to base a rose, azure.

(I think that's right.)

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)