[Ansteorra] Seeking Teachers for Advance Tracks at King's

Terri Hirling thirling at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:24:59 PDT 2010

Replied privately

Baroness Isabeau

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:15:23 -0500
From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Seeking Teachers for Advance Tracks at King's
       College

Your Excellency,

I don't know if what I have to offer counts as "advance track", but the last
time I taught a workshop in reading Old English, it took two hours. I was
wondering if I could do it again at this year's King's.

Here's my information:
Name, both SCA and mundane: Detlef von Marburg (Ric Peavy)
Email address: HerrDetlef at gmail.com
Telephone number: 832-493-1493
Title of the class: An Introduction to Reading Old English
Length of class: Two Hours
Brief description of the class: An overview of the conventions of spelling
and pronunciation in Old English, together with time to practice reading Old
English texts.
Age Range if applicable: If you can read Present-Day English, you can learn
to read Old English.
Class Size if you plan to limit it: Limit 20
Class fee, (if any) and what the fee covers: No class fee. (I only plan to
pass out Xerox packets, and it seems silly to charge for those.)
Preferred time of day to teach (will try to accommodate as best we can)
And any requirements for your class, (electricity, extra tables, running
water, etc.): An indoor space with tables and chairs, and a dry-erase board.
If I could get a projector that can hook up to my laptop, I would be able to
project some manuscript images, but that is not absolutely necessary.

I had a great time last time I taught this class, and I look forward to the
opportunity to do it again.

Thanks for putting this all together!

Pax et bonum,
DT+LF