[Ansteorra] New Crowns and Coronets

Lori C. countesskat at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 22:30:36 PDT 2010

No, they were blued steel with brass cutwork overlay.

Whether they were hot blued or cold (chemically) blued I can't say. I do seem to recall Inman telling me they used chemical bluing sometimes (we talked about gun bluing kits specifically), but I'm pretty sure he used a more period hot bluing process for helms & stuff...

Either way, the bluing could be why we don't see those Crowns. Blued finishes can be rust magnets if they aren't oiled a LOT...

~ Kat