[Ansteorra] Enders game and Re: honor and animals

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 18:39:02 PDT 2010

Wolves, gray or red, timber or arctic, are canis lupis.
Dogs once were canis domesticus, and thought to be hybridized in remote
human history from wolves, jackals and other canines.
After examining their DNA, dogs have been reclassified as canis lupis
domesticus -- merely a subspecies of wolf.
Kevin

In a message dated 4/16/2010 7:14:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

On Apr  16, 2010, at 6:55 PM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner wrote:
>>> A  peculiarity of the wolf is that it cannot turn its head, because
>>> there is no joint in its neck, but must turn its whole  body
>>> when it wishes to look behind, thus symbolizing people  stiff-
>>> necked and stubborn in sin.
>>
>>  Oh? I hadn't noticed this. I'll have to watch my dog (Snowball, the
>> dog that pulls the wagon) and see.
> Is she/he a  wolf?  I don't know if it is true of all breeds, but
>  seemed to be true for our thick necked ~75% timber/tundra wolf we
> had for fifteen years.

No. American Eskimo. But I thought all  dogs were descended from wolves
and that isn't something I think  that would have changed. In fact,
since dogs and wolfs do  cross-breed and bear fertile offspring, I'm
surprised they would be  classed as separate species, since I thought
that that was the  definition of a "species".  Hmmm. Something to check
further.

Stefan

--------
THLord Stefan li Rous   Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas   StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
**** See Stefan's  Florilegium files at:  http://www.florilegium.org  ****

In order to make changes and  manage your account please go  to: