[Ansteorra] Powdered Ink?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 13:37:25 PDT 2010

I'm not that familiar with modern calligraphy inks. What is an ink
stone? Was this used in period?

Are you looking for a modern ink recipe or a period one? Are you using
this ink on paper or parchment?

I do have these files in the SCRIBAL ARTS section of the Florilegium
which might be of interest.
Blk-Walnt-Ink-art (8K) 5/20/07 "Black Walnut Ink" by Baroness Clarice
Roan.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/Blk-Walnt-Ink-art.html

inks-msg (50K) 6/25/09 Period and SCA inks for calligraphy.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/inks-msg.html

iwandpc-msg (23K) 5/16/05 Ink wells and pencases.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCRIBAL-ARTS/iwandpc-msg.html

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com