[Ansteorra] [Ansteorra-announce] This is what happens when you pay a cheap scribe

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 09:26:25 PDT 2010

At 01:58 PM 8/20/2010, Damon Xanthus wrote:

>Dearest  Ansteorrans
>
>Whereas the situation at the upcoming Gothic war (
><http://trelac.ansteorra.org/Gothic/>http://trelac.ansteorra.org/Gothic/
>)is so very dire, it would seem that my decision to hire a second
>rate scribe (I did it myself) instead of doing as my wonderful Lady
>suggested and paying more for a properly experienced artist to do
>the writing for me was... a rash one.  There where you
>see...Financial concerns (I spent all my money on booze for Gothic)
>which prompted my decision to take the task on.
>
>Whereas I cannot confirm, nor deny the existence of an army of
>undead chickens in the west-lands, there is some small Intel
>suggesting that this may well be the case (salmonella eggs anyone),
>and so cannot be ruled out completely.   Nor do I expect the
>Zombie-king Hrafn to act, fight, or dress like a chicken or any
>other bird for the war to come (though that would be a hoot)...I
>expect he is quite serious about corrupting the souls of us all, and
>eating our brains.
>
>There are however real live zombies out there, the horde grows by
>the day, and so we must stand together once more and drive back the
>forces of darkness.

But... aren't zombies, by their very nature, dead? So you can't have
real live zombies, although you can certainly have real dead ones.

         -Tivar Moondragon
(Also planning to come to Gothic War--Bryn Gwlad has some small
experience with zombies, we've had to fight them off at fighter
practices at Halloween the past couple of years. Not to mention this
incident: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Road_signs_warn_of_zombies and
this lovely video:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.academieduello.com/zombies/zombies.html
)