[Ansteorra] Youth Boffer-newspapers

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Fri Aug 6 18:54:28 PDT 2010

>@ Robin - Snicker... my posting was creative editing and at least I >spelled everything correctly.
>@ Kevin - I've also read almost all of Heinlein's books probably >before a lot of the people on this list were born.  (I am older than >dinos but not older than dirt.)

>Runa
>Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd

True, perhaps, but I (and most likely Robin) had to wait for everything of Heinlein's after "Strange in a Strange Land" to be written before we could read them.

David Gallowglass

Benjamin Franklin never wrote or said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Dr. Franklin was, however, a wine drinker, and he wrote--

   " We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it". --Letter to Abbé Morellet (1779)