[Ansteorra] General event question

Susan O'Neal catmafia03 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:45:32 PDT 2010

Those sound like the basics I usually bring with me for eating through
the event.  I will admit that food, beyond snacking stuff like this,
is one of the biggest hassles for me when preparing for an event.  It
is just logistically difficult for me, especially when preparing for
my kids when they were young.

I love feasts, not for the food but for the comradery.  Some of my
absolute favorite experiences have taken place around the feast
tables.  It to me is one of the best aspects of the SCA.  Knowing what
is to be served and ingredients is a necessity for planning with food
allergies.  A good deal, but not all, offer enough food through the
courses that you can usually find something that you are able to eat
and enjoy.

I also love taverns for all of the other meals, so you can stop by as
fits your schedule and there is usually a small choice so you can eat
what fits your current state and tastes.  Knowing the availability,
location, costs, and food options ahead of time is almost an
imparitive to me for planning.

I don't care for going off-site for a meal, it just creates a
discordant feeling for me.  Though going together for lunch on Sunday
after packing out is a great deal of fun and one of my favorite
things.

The last option are the in camp meals.  We've had such mixed resultd
with that I can't really give a general consencus about them.  It has
a lot to do with the type of group we are camping with and they have
been both wonderful and a waste of money that was chipped in on food I
didn't eat.

Hope this helps somehow,
Susan