[Ansteorra] Can someone confirm/deny for me?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 05:39:10 PDT 2010

At 07:04 AM 8/18/2010, you wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Paul DeLisle <ferretpd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This question comes around on the Git-tar every few years (*grinz*)....here
> > is the answer from *last* time:
> >

>I would be really interested to know if the origin story is true.
>
>Anyone?
>
>Liam

I've always been told that a) Master Ivar wrote the song and b) that
he wanted it passed on as oral tradition, not written or recorded.
(I'm a little surprised that the ban on copying/recording it has
supposedly been lifted, and would not be surprised to learn that that
was SCA legend or someone's wishful thinking, rather than Ivar's decision.)

That it was written in response to a group of Knights saying a Master
at Arms couldn't understand fealty sounds plausible, but I've not
heard that from Ivar (but then, it's been 20 or 30 years since I've
seen him.) I've been told he's living in Calontir now, and since the
original poster said she was moving to Calontir in the near future,
maybe she can look him up and get the straight skinny from him.

         -Tivar Moondragon