[Ansteorra] Can someone confirm/deny for me?

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 11:32:56 PDT 2010

The term woman is gender-specific in common English. The term man is not necessarily, and less so in period. A three-man tent may shelter people of either or any gender. Fighting men may be women, just like firemen or policemen. Unless the context clearly implies males, the word 'men' just means 'humans', or possibly 'adult humans' or 'worthy humans'.

Nothing in the phrase "the men who know it in their hearts, the fighters" implies women are excluded. Unless you are inclined to read it that way.

Kevin