[Ansteorra] Can someone confirm/deny for me?

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:42:59 PDT 2010

Later neumatic and then black and white mensural notations are a little more
decipherable, however earlier neumatic and pre-neumatic notations were just
short-hand mnemonics. Then again, most of the pre-white mensural notations
are subject to a great deal of variance based on time and region and the
person writing them. There still is not all that much consensus between
scholars on what much of it really means in terms of performance practice;
some scholars have well-known/well-practiced ideas, but they are still
debated.

-AS Zorzi