[Ansteorra] GULF WARS XX

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:46:40 PST 2010

Good gentles, please forgive me if you see this more than once, but
please pass this along.

>From the East Kingdom email list:

>From Duchess Mary-Grace of Gatland, OP
Co-Autocrat Gulf Wars XX

ANNOUNCING GULF WARS XX!!!!!

March 13-20, 2011

Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

(King's Arrow Ranch, Lumberton, Mississippi)

Greetings to the Knowne World from your Gulf Wars XX Autocrats, Baron
Godwin of Edington KSCA, OP and Duchess Mary-Grace of Gatland, OP !

It is with great excitement that we invite you to the 20th Anniversary
to the "War with no Enemies."  Please join us as once again Ansteorra
and Trimaris meet on the field of honor, hosted by Gleann Abhann and
Meridies!

We know everyone's budgets are tight in this economy and that you have
to be choosy when thinking about your vacation plans. So, why should
you come to Gulf Wars?? Well here are a few points to consider.....

•Come for the Combat in all it's forms! Armored, Rapier, Archery, and
Siege weaponry!

•Come for the pageantry of the Equestrian activities from the grand
procession of the Kingdoms, to equestrian games to mounted combat!

•Come see the beauty of hound racing and get the opportunity to see
these graceful animals run like the wind!

•Come for the classes, and displays of artistic wonder both in the
competitions and on our Artisans row!

•Come see our Early Period Life encampment where you can walk among long houses!

•Come see Al Mahala and become immersed in all things Middle Eastern!

•Come for the hospitality, with the hosting Kingdoms offering you food
and beverage beyond your wildest dreams!

•Come for the shopping with merchant upon merchant, many of whom you
don't get at other wars!

•Come for the Bakery with fresh baked goods daily and Odyssey coffee!

•Come for the Green Dragon Inn...our own 15th Century Tavern!

•Come for the Shows at our performing arts stage with bardic
presentations, plays and competitions.

•Come for the Balls! With European dancing daily!

•Come in a week early THIS YEAR and you can go to Mardi Gras in New
Orleans (Mardi Gras day is March 8th, 2011)

•Come for the KNOWNE WORLD PARTY! If you missed the amazing October
Fest of last year, fear not...the Knowne World Party staff have
another amazing party theme to knock your socks off this year!

COME JOIN US FOR FRIENDSHIP AND FUN at the FRIENDLIEST WAR IN THE
KNOWNE WORLD! With all the activities the SCA has to offer, and may
more reasons besides, we think you should make Gulf Wars XX apart of
your vacation planning for 2011 and we promise you'll leave happy.

Please visit our website at www.gulfwars.org for more information.
Online registration will be open this week. Registrations made by mail
must be postmarked by January 31st and online registration must be
completed by February 18th.

EARLY ARRIVAL OPTION NEW FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!

New for this year is Early-On NON Staff. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FOR
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS OPTION:

•You MUST register for the entire week of Gulf Wars ONLINE in order to
be eligible for this option.
•You MUST select the "EARLY-ON NON STAFF" option in Acceps

•You may arrive between Sunday March 6th and Wednesday March 9th. You
WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON SITE AFTER THIS DATE UNLESS YOU ARE A STAFF
MEMBER, AND ARE ON THE STAFF EARLY ON LIST.

•You will be required to pay King's Arrow Ranch IN CASH at their
designated daily rate upon your arrival for the ENTIRE WEEK of Sunday
March 6th-Saturday March 12th. Your Gulf Wars Registration will then
apply beginning Sunday March 12th.

•If you arrive at King's Arrow Ranch early and you are not on the
staff list and you are not on the Non-staff early-on list, and/or you
do not meet any one of the above requirements you WILL NOT be allowed
on site.

•If you are arriving Early and have an RV- you MUST contact King's
Arrow Ranch in advance to ensure they are ready for your arrival.

•On Saturday March 12th the Merchant troll-in begins. If you are
Early-on you MUST TROLL IN AT THIS TIME. If you do not, members of
staff will come and find you and you will be removed from site.

See you there!

--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant