[Ansteorra] Combat Bolts

John iaenmor at swbell.net
Fri Dec 17 17:00:50 PST 2010

Should work with a few minor changes to their instructions.

Lightly sand the end of the shafts.
Take a bore brush and scrub the APD really well.
Clean the shaft and the APD.  Acetone works well.
Take a heated pin or very small drill bit and make a hole thru the side
of the APD at the bottom (near the nock).  This will allow extra glue to
squirt out.  It helps.  Use a small rod or something like to figure out
were the end of the shaft hole is.
Put some glue in the front of the APD.  You don't have to be stingy.  We
recommend that you use Welder brand glue available at Wal Mart and other
stores.  http://www.amazon.com/Welder-Contact-Adhesive/dp/B003E6ZPWA
Push the shaft into the APD.  Clean up any extra glue or catch it and
use it on the next arrow.  Do this over something that can get messy or
cover with newspaper or whatnot.
Set them aside and don't play with them for at least a week.  The glue
has to dry and the fit is fairly tight so it takes a bit to dry properly.

Label them with your name, group and kingdom if they belong to you.
Group arrows/bolts need only the group name and kingdom.  Someone should
be responsible for them in any case.

Iaen Mor
Company of Saint Sebastian