[Ansteorra] fwd: Gulf War Classes for Botanical/Herbal Tent

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 16:08:24 PST 2010

From the Gleann Abhann list. I thought we might have some herbalists or gardeners here who might be interested in participating in this project of creating a medieval herb garden at Gulf Wars.

Stefan

Gulf War Classes for Botanical/Herbal Tent
Posted by: "Joyce Zeiler" joycehzeiler at gmail.com morininghenruairc
Date: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 am ((PST))

Seasoned Greetings to all the Talented Populace of the Known World,

That sound you hear is not the prancing and pawing of tiny hooves, but the
distant and expanding sound of the drums of WAR!  Yes, Gulf Wars will soon
be upon us-March 13-20, 2011. I am looking for those individuals, near and
far,  who are willing to share their knowledge of herbal and botanical arts
this year for Botanical/Herbal Tent.

The tent is a hands-on, workshop-type set up where you can really get to
know your herbs and plants. I would love to have some hands-on classes in
the areas of medieval horticulture this year. Plus, we are planning on
having our seed and seedling exchange again this year so be cultivating
those tiny seedling so they will be ready.  It was one of the most fun and
well attended classes last year and I'm looking forward to it again this
year.

Also this year, we have taken on a three-year (I hope) project in Early
Period. We plan to put in a medieval herb garden.  This year we plan to
break ground, dig up unwanteds and generally clean up the area in our off
times.  So be sure to bring some gardening tools if you would like to help
with this project.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in teaching
this year.  I am looking forward to another great year in the Botanical
Tent!

Morin inghen Ruairc, Craftsman
(mka Joyce Zeiler)
joycehzeiler at gmail.com