[Ansteorra] Saracen Head Soccer? Cambok

LWright740 at aol.com LWright740 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 20:28:14 PST 2010

In Atlantia we had something called Cambok.  It was a very heavy ball
slightly larger than a soccer ball.  It was attacked with sticks,  but the ball
could be carried by certain players.  It was a challenging  often violent
cross between soccer, football, and hockey.  I have no idea  if it was
documented in period or just something made up in the 90's for the  SCA.  It fell
out of practice as the young men became older and more prone  to emergency
room visits.

Regards,
Lora Leigh

In a message dated 2/1/2010 9:42:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,