[Ansteorra] Saracen Head Soccer?

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Feb 2 15:36:06 PST 2010

Heilsa,

Thank you for the information.

A number of years ago, Hosey came up with something similar at the Mary
Heads Carter Park in Carrollton, although it involved using 15 or 18
lb., medicine ball. Players were only allowed to kick the ball, not pick
it up. The interesting thing about using the medicine ball, was though
it could be kicked, it do not go very far. It made for using one's own
head (read brain here) to determine the best method of getting it across
the goal line and scoring. It drove home the point of being able to use
everyone's skills on each side. It did make it far more exciting to see
one side or another to actually score.

Michael Kettering