[Ansteorra] Happy Candlemas!

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 2 17:46:33 PST 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> At 09:58 AM 2/2/2010, you wrote:
>
>> Today is the 40th day after Christmas (in the Gregorian calendar),
>> so happy Candlemas, all!

I would like to note that, virtuously, I did not in any way shill for
Bryn Gwlad's Candlemas event this coming Saturday (near Austin).
Nor did I note that from 10 AM to 4 PM there will be Arts and Sciences
classes, including a track of dance classes (most aimed at the
beginner).  Nor yet did I point out that there will be dancing between
courses during the feast, with almost all the dances taught during the
day, and on each table cheat-sheet booklets to remind students of the
dances.  And I certainly didn't note the event URL at
<http://candlemas2010.swordworks.org/>

> Candlemas... That's the day when the Groundhog comes out of his hole
> and blesses all the candles, right?

No, it's when the Virgin Mary takes Jesus to the Temple, and if she
sees her shadow, there's 6 more weeks until Easter.

(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlemas>)

Danielis Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com