[Ansteorra] Feeding yourselves with out living in a kitchen at war

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:35:09 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Baroness Claire posted a good article on using plastic bags to freeze and
> cook food in which is especially useful for a camp where most of the group
> is involved in other activities.
>
> I'm not sure if she is specifically talking about using the commercial
> boil-in bags and vacuum sealers or not. I've been told that you can use
> regular plastic bags for this, although I'd not tried it.

Only bags specifically rated for boiling should be used. Regular bags
may 1) melt or 2) leach bad things into your food.

--Perronnelle

--
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by
menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them