[Ansteorra] War Trim Help

Sandra Geil alexsandraeryn at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 20:19:15 PST 2010

 I may have asked this question already. But does anyone know how to get "War Trim" out of a linen and wool blend? (Hangs head in shame) Yes the two beautiful gowns I wore to BAM this year still wont come clean. They have yet to be placed in a dryer so the stain has not been heat set. I was considering taking them to a cleaner that uses Ever Bloom, a cleaner we used to use to get makeup off of wedding gowns when I was a Bridal Consultant, but if I can avoid that expense I would like to try to.

Have you tried equal parts Clorox and Cascade in hot water?

We used that mix [1C/1C/1gal] soak over night to remove stage blood from white tux shirts--I have also used the color safe Clorox on colored fabric -- though the soaking time is generally longer.

The "common" wisdom thinks the "sheeting action" of the Cascade protects the fibers so the bleach can remove the stain...

al AERYN