[Ansteorra] Shenanigans.

Peter Schorn peterschorn at pdq.net
Tue Feb 16 15:43:29 PST 2010

OK, so someone on this list says they know of an A&S judge, or have heard of
an A&S judge, who marked a fiber arts contestant down for not using her own
urine in the dying process.

If that's true, then send me their name.  Because I, me, Master Cadfan ap
Morgan Godrudd, OL--I wanna have a talk with 'em.

Seriously.  My e-mil is peterschorn at pdq.net.  Drop a dime.  Anytime.

But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, if you don't feel like you
have enough evidence to prove that something so outrageous went down...

...then it seems to me you're getting worked up over Nerdistan's equivalent
of the exploding-poodle story.

It's a great story, even if it just _might_ happen to be bullstuff.  Hey,
I'm a Bard: bullstuff stories are what I do.  And I have a strong sideline
in manufactured outrage, too.

But, see, _I know it's bullstuff_.  I'm not going to go working up a real if
diffuse resentment of A&S competitions, or judges, or judging, for no actual
provable reason.  Because I know the job's difficult enough, and our efforts
imperfect enough, without someone revving up the old FIRST THEY CAME FOR THE
TUCHUX AND I DID NOT SPEAK UP engine.

*sigh*  I don't think anybody's telling deliberate untruths for bad reasons,
or good reasons, or even at all. I do think we're playing a giant game of
indignation-fueled Post Office, each building just a little on one another's
outrage until we've started going just a little postal.

I see that going on enough in the real world right now, so I kinda get upset
when I see it here in the place where I go to have fun.

So I've spoken up and volunteered my own efforts to help resolve it--if it
really happened.  If it didn't--guess this is all the effort I can make.

What's Middle Welsh for "Operators are standing by?"

--Cadfan