[Ansteorra] Shenanigans II: Electric Boogaloo

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:42:32 PST 2010

BTW, as we were taught in nursing school, unless someone is suffering from a urinary tract infection, urine is actually sterile until it leaves the body and is exposed to bacteria from the exterior of the body, etc. It isn't the 'unhygenic' quality of urine that makes it unpleasant to work with, it is the fact that it breaks down rather rapidly into ammonia which is a pretty nasty smelling substance. It is the ammonia that was what made it a valuable mordant for the dyeing industry.

Lyneya

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich