[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Charles Ó Floinn charles.ofloinn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:21:31 PST 2010

Hail concerned Lords and Ladies of Ansteorra and beyond.
I tried to post this a couple hours ago, but I must have tried to send it
from an unregistered email account.
So, please allow me to try again.

In the not so distant past, July of 2002 (post-period), the NMS (that
stands for Non-Member Surcharge) was born.  And it looked like this:
http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/nms.html

Lord Alasdair has already outlined the current understanding correctly (with
very valid last-minute correction).  The NMS is only linked to specific
conditions.

Please note the very first numbered line on the linked page.  When a
group (College/Shire/Barony)  publishes an announcement of any kind in
the appropriate corporate publication (i.e.: the Kingdom Newsletter,
such as the Black Star is for Ansteorra), and the announcement
includes the date, time and place of the event, and a FEE OR REQUIRED
DONATION IS CHARGED, then the payment of the Non-Member Surcharge
becomes a possibility when all the other particulars to the conditions are
met.

I believe this impacts directly the way the two-tier Site Fee idea
should be viewed.  The Site Fee in the example given will still be a
site fee, and the NMS will still need to be collected seperately.
This could make it so that the Non-Member, or member unable to prove
their membership, will now pay an additional $5 for the Site Fee as
well as having to pay the $5 NMS.  Since this is not something that
has been discussed with Corporate yet, I am saying this only to show
that while the idea has merit, it may cause more grief in practice
than it seems to settle at this time.
And, Lady Annes, I have also seen no posting on this list (or any other I am
on) of any price increase, proposed or real.
The thread seems to have been started as a response to knowledge that I was
able to verify in a telephone conversation with my boss, the Kingdom
Exchequer.
It seems a $2 increase in both the membership fee and the NMS will take
effect in the height of summer.

Thank you everyone for allowing me a moment of your time,
--
ld Charles Ó Floinn
NMS Deputy, Ansteorra

903-522-9083 Please not after 11pm.