[Ansteorra] tagging newcomers (was: Newbie's perspective on NMS and other things)

Danielle Jennings cle0patra.29.85 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:07:27 PST 2010

That is a very good idea because it would allow the person to decide when
they are feeling like they need a bit of help.Another thing you hit with new
participants is how long they feel new.

When I went to my second event I started a question with the phrase "So I'm
kinda new." the person I was talking to immediately said "Oh so am! I I have
only been playing for about two years."  I was so astounded that two years
was still new that I lost track of the question I was going to ask, which
obviously was not a very important one.

So it may not come down to how new you actually are but if you feel that you
have gotten your feet under you yet. For instance I have been playing for
about six months and at events in my area or well attended by my home Barony
I have my feet under me quite well, but at event where I do not really know
anyone (I might recognize them but have never sat down and had a
conversation) I still feel like I need a neon flashing sign over my head
saying "Help!"

Pippa