[Ansteorra] Voluntary tagging

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Sat Feb 20 02:01:20 PST 2010

I have been thinking about the threads I have seen about tokens to mark
newbies.

I am picturing a small basket of tokens at gate, available to anyone who
feels they would like a little guidance. Those working gate could point them
out to those whom they do not recognize or who they know to be new. The
choice of whether to take one would be entirely up to the individual.

The real trick here is to be consistent in how they look. Do this in a group
and soon the members of the group will know how to spot newcomers. Do it in
the kingdom and soon the whole kingdom knows what to look for.

Perhaps a piece of insignia, much like our awards. Is there already a badge
for this? If not, perhaps we need one.

If we can afford to make hundreds of cast medallions or pins as site tokens
then we can afford to make a dozen newcomer pins or medallions as well. They
could keep it and continue to wear it so long as they feel like a newcomer.
Any tokens that are returned would even be re-usable.

The hospitaler could have a few of these even at activities such as practice
and meetings since we do have new people show up there as well.

Thoughts?

Christian Doré