[Ansteorra] Non-Member Surcharge vs. Member Discount

Lori C. countesskat at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 08:22:59 PST 2010

> Caelin said
> You are right, but that that does not mean the corporation could not
> change their process to allow it.

Yep, as Donnchadh also said, rules can be modified. That's all part of changing things the right way. :)

I don't think I was saying "people shouldn't try and change things". I think I was more along the lines of "if you're gonna try to change this, be aware of what has already been tried." Knowing why something failed is usually pretty key to having subsequent attempts succeed.

> As it is, as Daniel pointed out,
>> you cannot even take their check and filled out form in a stamped
>> envelope and post it for them. It is explicitly disallowed.

And yet, it has already been done. Call me radical (it happens all the time), but I don't think it is a good idea to go to Corporate and tell them "See? This idea really can work! We know because we've already done it... even though you specifically told us not to." There is probably an approach that would be more favorably recieved.

~ Kat M.