[Ansteorra] Corporate Structure (was Non-Member Surcharge)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Feb 20 18:53:07 PST 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Herb Nowell <herb.nowell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM, L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I would imagine the administrative costs would probably be
>> greater.You'd have to have file storage fees, cost for
>> administrative personnel, a "store front"...etc...
>
> Unless these have radically altered at the corporate level since the
> mid-nineties issues I doubt a group of WELL RUN kingdom level
> corporations would be more expensive that the current international
> group.

I'm thinking there's a dis-economy of scale in the SCA: that is,
making it bigger made it _more_ expensive.  SCA Inc. has paid
staffers.  In the present setup, kingdoms and lower don't have paid
staff; workloads can be done by volunteers who still do non-SCA work
full-time (though sometimes under-employment or an understanding job
can help a lot).  After a split, of course, there would be more work
at lower levels: maybe a membership and stock clerk office, a board of
some sort, legal counsel, et cetera.  It might still be possible to
do it all with volunteers, though perhaps not as smoothly as with
Renee.

Danett de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com