[Ansteorra] Newbie Status

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 21 18:35:00 PST 2010

Probably my 'attitude' towards a newbie sash goes back to my "I hate
surprises".  The latter part of that statement could be verified by anyone
in our Barony.  I have hidden under my hellsgate (it works well until
someone snitches you off) when called before brass hats.  If I wanted
fingers pointed or people bombarding me with 'can I help you' I'd probably
just pin a note to my chest saying "I'm new and I have no clue".

We try to take care of newbies without being obvious.  First time attending
one of our events the people are called into court and thanked for
attending.  There is usually someone with them or keeping an eye out on them
during the event so they don't have 'no clue' moments.  I haven't been
playing that long but seem to be one of those people that get asked lots of
questions by new people because I act like I belong and like I know what I'm
doing.  I don't know all the answers but at least I know who to point and
aim the new people towards.

Who would decide when the newbie quit wearing the sash?  If left up to some
people it would be years.  There are a lot of traditions to learn and
someone who doesn't play that often could still be wearing a newbie sash 5
years down the line.

Runa The Stubborn
Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
www.bedlambazaar.com