[Ansteorra] Marking your property

Alianorra MacAiodh alianorramacaiodh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 22:58:58 PST 2010

Being a Protege' and a student to a Laurel I take umbrage to this. Students are not "property" of their peer. We are students who are there to learn to be better at something we already love to do.

My Pelican does not require me to wear a yellow belt. I do so out of pride that I have a Peer who finds me worthy to teach. I am not an apprentice, but were that status to change I would also chose to wear something to show my pride in my Laurel.

Being a student is not a "status", personally to me, its an honor. It means someone has said, "I believe you can be great, and I will help you acheive your goal."

Lady Alianorra MacAiodh