[Ansteorra] Voluntary tagging

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Feb 22 02:51:11 PST 2010

Yeah, I don't think there is some magic way to know someone is new. Since
most in Bryn Gwlad show up to our weekly get together in the same clothes we
wore to work it is easy to overlook a new person.

I rather like the medallion/pin because it is a bit subtle but not hard to
spot, and not too weird even with mundane clothes. I think that means more
newcomers will be willing to wear one. If not everyone spots it, that's ok.
We don't need every person to work with every newcomer so long as a few do.

I also realize not every newcomer would be willing to wear one but that is
their choice. However, I think that if they don't find some way to let
people know they are new then they can't really complain if people don't
treat them like newcomers.

Christian Doré