[Ansteorra] A few quick obvious points

Casey Weed seoseaweed at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:00:03 PST 2010

Robin is right; this is a terrible idea.  Spend the same time and effort
investing in nice loaner clothes and a tri-fold with a faq... and then make
sure whoever is working at the gate asks if each person has what they need.

"Cold?  We have nice coats in three sizes you can borrow from the Barony for
a day.  Oh, and be sure to take a hat, too.  Hot?  We have straw hats and
light tunics.  Do you have a cup to drink from?  We don't want anyone going
thirsty."

I'd volunteer to make my Barony three for men in small, medium, and Calon
shield wall size.  Put tags in them so nobody can claim to "forget it wasn't
theirs".   You'll still lose a few but that's part of group maintenance.
And those garments usually show up later on down the road.

When my household meets someone new the FIRST thing we do is get them
dressed as good or better than the average Ansteorran... something they can
be proud to wear.  Leaving them to their own devices, wearing sneakers and
tagged with a white sash like a starbellied sneech is just awful... it's no
way to make someone feel like they belong.  Make them feel like they fit in,
for Pete's sake.  Well, for Robin's sake, at least.

Wow... I've agreed with Robin twice this month.  I'd better cut it out
before I start liking book heraldry and sonnets... oh, wait... I like
sonnets... HEEELLP!!

Ritter Dieterich