[Ansteorra] Another Newcomer Idea

Kelandra Carmichael kelandra_c at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 10:47:32 PST 2010

How about something a little less ostentatious for newcomers than a 'look at
me--I'm new Sash" --perhaps when they sign into gate there is a new box
added to the easy to fill out gate sign in sheets :)-- it will say something
like-- "Is this your first event?"  or perhaps another box where they could
check mark-- something like-- "Would you like to meet with our local welcome
committee/hospitaler/set up crew--(something of that sort)" --or perhaps if
there is no room for a box-- maybe we have a separate signup sheet--again
--something like "is this your first event" or "would you like to take a
tour"-- some newcomers want to sit back and kind of test the waters before
they get completely involved--others jump in head first-- this might give us
an option for handling newcomers at events.  However both the gate people
would need to be aware to ask these questions and the hospitaler or welcome
committee would need to be proactive about seeking these individuals out and
not wait for the newcomers to come find them--

Just a thought--

Kelandra